Brewers shirt 24 hour contest
I’ve got a Brewers shirt that I sold to someone awhile back. However, they returned it to me, telling me that it had a hole in it. He obviously cut the shirt with scissors accidentally, but blamed it on me, even though I inspect all shirts before I send them out. I would’ve noticed the hole – plus, it’s quite obvious that it was cut with a blade – scissors, letter opener, etc.
I gave the guy his money back, but am stuck with a shirt that I can’t resell. So I figured I would give it away to another lucky reader. It could come in handy for a ballhawk. I really don’t need any more Brewers shirts. I literally have four different shirts now for Milwaukee.
Get the most points. You earn points by answer questions correctly. I’ll ask trivia questions. I won’t post them all at once though – that way you’ll have to keep checking back, and it will give other readers a chance.
Since most people check my blogs at different times of the day, I decided that it’s only fair to leave the contest open for at least 12 hours. Throughout the next 12-24 hours, I’ll post quick questions from my phone and compile standings from time to time.
Whoever answers correctly first wins. You must comment on this blog to enter. When you answer a question, you MUST put the question number with your answer.
For example: 11. What is the baseball team located in Pittsburgh? You MUST answer:
11. Pittsburgh Pirates
If you don’t put the question number, then people’s responses will get all jumbled and make it harder for me to sort through to find who’s first.
You may think you’ve answered first, but maybe not – because sometimes I have to approve new commenters’ comments. So, a new commenter may answer a question at 5:13pm, and you answer one at 5:14pm – the blog will show you as the first commenter until I approve the other person’s comment. At that time, the blog will show the comments in the correct order – with the new commenter winning the question if correct.
Sound confusing? Hopefully not. You may want to look at the comments so you don’t waste your time with duplicate answers because whoever is first obviously would get the point.
Here’s your questions: (One guess per question)
1) If you want to enter Miller Park early to watch batting practice, what gate must you enter?
TGIFriday’s Front Row Entrance – Philadelphia45
2) Who hit the first Brewers home run at Miller Park?
Jeromy Burnitz – Robbie
3) How high is the roof at Miller Park above the playing field at its highest peak?
330 Feet- Philadelphia45
4) Random stat – How many baseballs would it take to completely fill up Miller Park?
4,655,926,995 – Robbie
5) What’s the Brewers’ mascot named?
Bernie (The Brewer) – Robbie
6) What player has the most hits in Brewers’ history?
Robin Young – Robbie
7) In 2009-2010 what two different ways did the Brewers mark their batting practice balls?
A) Dashes – TeenRedsFan
B) Random Phrases such as “Sweet P” “Black Hawk Down” “Best Catch Ever” “Remetee.com” etc -TeenRedsFan
8) Who was the first Brewer to hit for the cycle at home?
Chad Moeller – Robbie
9) What team did the Brewers beat by overcoming a nine run deficit – the biggest comeback in team history?
10) How did I snag my first ever ball at Miller Park?
Glove Trick from Friday’s deck – NYBisons
11) What former Pirate pitcher did Robin Yount get his 3000th hit against?
Jose Mesa- NYBisons
12) What Brewer$ infielder led the league in at-bats (629) and plate appearances (709) in his All Star year while hitting 15 dingers and hitting .283?
13) What year did the Brewers lead the NL in home runs with 231?
14) What Brewers slugger won the Home Run Derby in 2009?
Prince Fielder – NYBisons
15) What is my career high in balls snagged in a game involving the Brewers?
12 baseballs (twice) – TeenRedsFan
16) The 1987 Brewers Team was known as “Team __?”
17) Speaking of 1987, how long was Paul Molitor’s hit streak in that year?
39 Games – NYBisons
18) I’ve caught foul balls during games off the bats of three different Brewers. Who are those 3 Brewers?
Carlos Gomez, Jonathan Lucroy, Rickie Weeks – TeenRedsFan
19) What 1989 Movie featured the Brewers home ballpark county stadium?
Major League- TeenRedsFan
20) Before becoming the Milwaukee Brewers, the franchise was what team?
Seattle Pilots – TeenRedsFan
21) In the 1970 season, what starting pitcher with at least 15 starts or more posted the lowest ERA, and why is he infamous in baseball history?
Al Downing – gave up Aaron’s 715th.
22) In 2001 the Brewers had high hopes moving into Miller Park. What was their record through the first 10 games of that season?
24) How many total bathrooms (men+women’s) are there in Miller Park?
66 total (33 men, 33 women) – JBooher
26) What Brewers player took exception to being hit by the Pirates’ Jeff Karstens in 2009, which created a year long feud between the two teams?
27) What Pittsburgh Pirate was arrested, suspended 3 games and fined for hitting one of the Milwaukee Brewers mascot sausages with a baseball bat?
33) What is the Miller Park record for balls snagged in a single game and what ballhawk did it?
Happy Youngster with 18 – NYBisons
34) What is the All Star game played at Miller Park infamous for?
Game ended in a tie -JBooher
35) What slugger had his career high of 45 homers twice – both as a Brewer?
Richie Sexson – NYBisons
36) What Mexican born Brewers All Star won 20 games in his All Star year with the Brewers while posting an ERA of 2.79 and hurling 15 complete games?
Teddy Higuera – NYBisons
37) Who was the tallest Brewer to play for the club in 2011 and how tall was he?
Kameron Loe – TeenRedsFan 6’9″
38) What former Brewers pitcher was born in Homestead PA? – (the site of the violent steel mill strike in 1892, and my place of employment).
Curt Leskanic – TeenRedsFan
39) What former Brewers star had the middle name Celester?
That’s it. I’ll officially close the contest around 4PM by posting a comment telling everyone the contest is over!
Updated Standings: (it’s pretty close!)
The winner is NYBISONS! Congratulations!
Comment your email so I can get your address again.
There’s only 13 more days until Opening Day, and you have until Sunday to win this David Wright shirt.