6 Days til Opener : Joel Hanrahan Shirt Contest
I’m giving something away everyday leading up to Opening Day at PNC Park.
To win, it’s simple:
Get the most points. You earn points by answer questions correctly. I’ll ask trivia questions. I won’t post them all at once though – that way you’ll have to keep checking back, and it will give other readers a chance.
Since most people check my blogs at different times of the day, I decided that it’s only fair to leave the contest open for at least 12 hours. Throughout the next 12-24 hours, I’ll post quick questions from my phone and compile standings from time to time.
Whoever answers correctly first wins. You must comment on this blog to enter. When you answer a question, you MUST put the question number with your answer.
For example: 11. What is the baseball team located in Pittsburgh? You MUST answer:
11. Pittsburgh Pirates
If you don’t put the question number, then people’s responses will get all jumbled and make it harder for me to sort through to find who’s first.
You may think you’ve answered first, but maybe not – because sometimes I have to approve new commenters’ comments. So, a new commenter may answer a question at 5:13pm, and you answer one at 5:14pm – the blog will show you as the first commenter until I approve the other person’s comment. At that time, the blog will show the comments in the correct order – with the new commenter winning the question if correct.
Sound confusing? Hopefully not. You may want to look at the comments so you don’t waste your time with duplicate answers because whoever is first obviously would get the point.
So let’s get it started. Post you answers in the comment section.
Round 1 Pirates Trivia.
1) Name the last TEN Pirates opening day starters (first game of season).
2011- kevin Correia, 2010 Zack Duke, 2009- Paul Maholm, 2008- Ian Snell, 2007- Zack Duke, 2006- Oliver Perez, 2005- Oliver Perez, 2004- Kip Wells, 2003- kris benson, 2002- Ron Villone – Philadelphia45
2) Who was last Pirates pitcher to strikeout at least 200 batters AND name the year he did it.
Oliver Perez, 2004 – Joey Orr
3) Name the Pirates last player to win a Gold Glove award AND the year.
Nate McLouth 2008 – Joey Orr
4) Who was on the mound for the Buccos when the Pirates won the 1971 World Series?
Steve Blass – Joey Orr
5) What rude comment did Joel Hanrahan say to me in Milwaukee in 2011?
“Don’t you get enough at home?!” -Philadelphia45
6) Besides shortstop Clint Barmes, the Pirates projected starters are Barajas, Jones, Walker, Alvarez, Presley, Mccutchen and Tabata. Name the date of each of their first major league home runs and the stadium it was hit.
Rod Barajas October 3rd 1999 in Chase field
Garret Jones- September 23rd 2007 at the Metrodome
Neil Walker- June 1st 2010 at PNC Park
Pedro Alverez- July 3rd 2010 at PNC Park
Alex presley- June 28th 2011 at Rogers Centre
Andrew McCutchen- June 17th 2009 at the metrodome
Jose Tabata- June 16th 2010 at PNC Park -Philadephia 45
7) Name the last three Pirates flagship radio stations, beginning with the current home of the Buccos.
KDKA AM 1020, WPGB 104.7, KDKA FM (The Fan) 93.7
Congratulations to TxRangersFan on winning the contest!
Joey Orr 3